PVRST vs PVRST+

Hi There,

Sorry for the simplicity of this query. What are the differences between PVRST and PVRST+, I have trawled the internet looking for this answer but have been unable to locate it. I understand the differences with PVST and PVST+ with the .1q trunking ability but have not been able to locate information on PVRST and PVRST+.

A colleague suggested that maybe PVRST+ has portfast and uplinkfast integrated and enabled by default if anyone could confirm/contrict this i would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Barry

Reply to
Bazza
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

If I recall correctly, P(R)VST+ is made for work with non-Cisco switches that uses 802.1q trunking, because PVST is Cisco only thing... So, if you have Cisco only switches then this thing doesn't concern you much since PVST+ is enabled by default. If you have some non-Cisco equipment (shame on you:))) ) then keep in mind that you can use 3rd party switches, but Cisco will treat them as a separate cloud that supports only CST (one instance for all VLAN's) connected with a single 8021.q trunk.

You can find more about this subject on:

formatting link
's written for Catalyst 2960 (since you didn't specified your switches) but it's should be the same thing for all Catalyst boxes...

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.