Simplicity

I am looking for a cheap autodialer that will dial my home when a pellet stove goes out. I know this sounds off topic but I first thought that a security system has just this option. All I want to do is monitor a normally open contact closure and when it is activated, the autodialer calls my house. I don't need announcements, modem tones don't matter. I'll use caller ID. Can anyone steer me to some solutions?

Reply to
Mpete
Loading thread data ...

This one's easy. There are several voice / pager dialers from United Security Products and Visonic that are often used for virtually the same purpose -- monitoring temperature sensors.

Here's a link to a page on my website where I list a few models.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Caution when considering BAss Burglar Alarms Check the Better Business Bureau, too many complaints to list here. He also works from outside the US.

Would you give your credit card number to a convicted felon? You would be if you used BAss Burglar Alarms.

Mr. BAss...keep advertising your store on ASA I love to help out.....

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

You should expand your response a bit to include some links to other contributors to this newsgroup that sell security products online. I'd suggest the OP have a quick read here:

formatting link
While Robert's post is entirely self-serving by providing information on the voice dialers in the form of a link to his own website, here are the links to the actual manufacturer's sites:

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Are there others on this group that have the same or similar items for sale, I'd be interested in additional options.

formatting link

Reply to
Mpete

All of the dealers listed at

formatting link
have been participants in this group at one time or another. In addition to that list, there's some other online stores I've heard good things about:

formatting link

-- Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

I purchased mine @ Alarmsuperstore.com. EXCELLENT prices & fast shipping.

formatting link

Reply to
Hugeass

OPPS, my bad. I typed a link that don't work. Here is the correct one for the online store.

formatting link
The automatic Voice Dialers are located @
formatting link
Forgot to mention, FREE SHIPPING too :) I was/am/still very satisified.

Reply to
Hugeass

As for dealing with any online entity, make sure you do your homework. There is no owner information available for alarmsuperstore.com (reference GoDaddy.com). Registration was done through an anonymous service provider. Their BBB report isn't all that much more revealing either

formatting link
. Yes, they have an "800" number, but their site doesn't have a shopping cart (there are extra steps involved in purchasing product), and makes extensive use of PDF's (which makes it a bit of a "kludge" to navigate).

As for "Hugeass", he's just as anonymous as the "owner(s)", having only "surfaced" recently and looks to have a problem with Robert Bass to boot.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Heh, heh, heh. This fellow posting under a crude pseudonym is the *owner* of Alarm Superstore. He didn't purchase anything there.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

This fellow posting under a crude pseudonym

no more crude than bASS

is

did you devine that from your wifes crystal ball?

nice sig line

Reply to
Chub

"Saying so without proof is misleading and unfair."

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

Frank, I looked up the URL you provided (which I take is yours)

formatting link
and there is no owner information either. This is what found WHOIS Underlying Registry Data:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many different competing registrars. Go to

formatting link
for detailed information.

Domain Name: YOURSECURITYSOURCE.COM Registrar: TUCOWS INC. Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net Referral URL:

formatting link
Name Server: NS8.I-MECCA.NET Name Server: NS9.I-MECCA.NET Status: ACTIVE Updated Date: 22-aug-2005 Creation Date: 17-oct-2003 Expiration Date: 17-oct-2010 Last update of whois database: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 02:55:03 EST

Frank, why do you think offer anonymous domain registration? Thousands use it every day. If they didn't they would not sell it. As far as the BBB report - 1 RESOLVED COMLAINT - I find that totally acceptable for an online store of that size compared to 15 BBB complaints from

formatting link

I received a toll free 800 # as soon as I placed my first order. As the site states, along with a tracker#. I can understand not supplying a toll free number until after you make a purchase. If not can you imagine the mount of people shopping that would call just for bullshit. For the no shopping cart, I found that a little unusual, BUT for the *Quality* of service, fast FREE SHIPPING, and EXCELLENT pricing, I have no problem filling out an order form. Sounds like you hold something personal against

formatting link
I find them one of the best I have purchased from on the Internet.

Reply to
Hugeass

Robert, why do you say this? You think the owner of a online store of that size needs to post in news groups to make sales? I did purchase my voice dialer from there and was just trying to help the other gentleman who asked where he could by alarm parts online. You need to slow downa few steps.

Reply to
Hugeass

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA well, Bob, are you going to answer this one? Yours is just as big, isn't it? I mean, you've got all those pages and everything.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

Heh, heh, heh. I checked out your purchasing, Sabodish. You spent a whopping ~$1900 on parts in all of 2004. In 2005, your account was briefly suspended due to non-payment.

Apparently so. You've posted under dozens of aliases in this and other newsgroups for years.

Uh, no you didn't. You own the website. Your post was a shill.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert, think will choose not to reply to you anymore, apparently you have some serious issues. I did purchase my dialer from alarmsuperstore.com. You can be assured after reading a BBB report like the one from bassburglaralarms.com, I would *NEVER** purchase a thing from you. By the way when I was looking for your site, I left off the "S" and found this site

formatting link
I don't know if you know about it or not. It sure sounds like you.

Reply to
Hugeass

Really? That's not what I get.

This

Heh... Sure...

So people can open spoof sites like goofysplace.com and bassburglaralarm.com. The supposed "owner" of both these sites has been linked to alarmsuperstore.com as well. In fact, he owns (or directly controls) more sites than Bass has burgers, including a link site that at one time supposedly listed "approved ASA dealers" (with three or four of his own sites listed on that!).

I'm sure...

The fact that they allowed even one customer to go to that stage speaks "volumes" (let alone 15).

Yeah... I'm sure you did.

Bonus!!

Now you see... I don't see that at all. Practically every other online store I've listed also provides the toll free number right up front. Sure they have to handle some "dead beat calls". I'm sure Bass had his share as well. It's the "price" of doing the kind of business. Besides "GoDaddy" lists both his toll free numbers right up front:

AlarmSuperStore.com (877) 781-7178 Phone (877) 781-7203 Fax PO Box 996 MATAWAN , NJ 07747

I wouldn't "click" on the email link though... That's looks a bit on the "munged" side.

Smacks of "paranoia" to me.

Oh puh-leeze! You're sounding like the guy on the old Remington commercial. "I liked the shave so much I bought the company". The "leader" of ASS said it better: "Move over, I'm drivin'!"

Nope. I've got no particular "beef" with the owner of ASS. He was actually kinda fun to have around... "kicks and giggles"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

You know, that number keeps getting smaller every time you post this nonsense.

Yeah? Prove it!!

So have you. Including "Group Moderator" and "Mike Sabodish"...

"Saying so without proof is misleading and unfair."

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.