Problems with DSL not backing up a failed T1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has an example configuration for setting up a router to switch over to DSL in the case of a broken link. The configuration is for a Cisco 2600 router. Everything else works fine, but when I disconnect it from the main DSU/CSU, it doesn't bother going to DSL. I could've sworn it was working before, but now it doesn't work.

-cos

Reply to
cosmicspin
Loading thread data ...

Insufficient information to provide a canned answer to this common request:

• What is at the other end of the T1 - ISP or another site you control?

• If the former, is NAT being used?

• What is at the other end of the DSL link? ISP or another site you own?

• If the former, is NAT being used?

• What kind of T1 are you using (frame relay, point-to-point, etc)

• Are VPNs used over either link?

• What are your requirements for availability, robustness, performance?

Bottom line: how do you detect loss of the T1? How do you detect the DSL needs repair? How much are you willing to spend on initial design and ongoing maintenance?

Good luck and have fun! Depending upon the answers, the required configuration ranges from trivial to impossible.

Reply to
Vincent C Jones

I just was looking for an example, or a page that might show me an example of using a failover. I don't really need a specific answer to my network, but I'm just wondering how others have tested a Serial for a link-down, and then jumped to a backup DSL/Dialup device.

-cos

Reply to
cosmicspin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.