Problems Converting 7940 from SCCP to SIP

Hi

I'm having a few issues converting some 7940's from SCCP to SIP. The phones are currentlt running SCCP ver 7.2(tO23). I'm trying to convert to the latest version of SIP which i have downloaded from

formatting link

Only thing nothing seems to work. One thing i have noticed is that the ZIP file contains the following files

P0S3-08-2-00.sb2 P003-08-2-00.sbn P0S3-08-2-00.loads P003-08-2-00.bin

Shouldn't they all begin P0S3 for sip?

Please advise

Rgds

Phil

Reply to
Big Phil
Loading thread data ...

No they won't. What is the error? Do you have logging on your tftp server? Ensure that your conf files are configured correctly. Here are a few sites to help:

formatting link
formatting link
I think the second one is exactly what you are trying to do.

Reply to
Trendkill

Phil,

Usually conversion is pretty simple - you just put a new files on TFTP server, replace or modify OS79XX.txt file, and reboot your phone. I read about some "incompatibility" between various SIP and SCCP images, that you may be unable to convert back after the upgrade is done, but never experienced anything like this. Most likely it's inherited from the old versions.

When you monitor your TFTP server? What files are requested and served? Do you see any files missing (i.e. requested, but "not found")? If you cannot monitor all transactions directly on TFTP server, you may run a sniffer behind the phone, and capture whole communication.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ PC Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Thanks Mike.. Problem was with the SIPdefault file!

All sorted now!

Thx for the reply!

Reply to
Big Phil

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Thanks Mike.. Problem was with the SIPdefault file!

All sorted now!

Thx for the reply!

Reply to
Big Phil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.