Pix VPN and routing

Hello,

the following scenario:

computer Internet Pix Inside LAN

"computer" has some arbitrary IP address and Cisco's VPN client. The Pix serves as a VPN gateway. Things are working so far but only if we add a routing statement for the route to "computer". What we would like to have is: all arriving encrypted traffic should be decrypted and then forwarded to the inside interface. On the other way, packets arriving at the inside interface for encryption should be sent towards the outside interface after encryption. How does one achieve this?

Pix 515 with software 7.0(1).

Regards, Christoph Gartmann

Reply to
Christoph Gartmann
Loading thread data ...

Use L2TP via VPN.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

May I ask what L2TP is?

Regards, Christoph Gartmann

Reply to
Christoph Gartmann

:>Use L2TP via VPN.

:May I ask what L2TP is?

Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, which runs on top of IPSec. L2TP is useful if you want to be able to have a layer 2 connection between two locations instead of a layer 3 connection -- but since the PIX in question has 7.0 software, there's a layer 2 transparent firewall feature available.

I haven't reviewed the details of the original question, but my first thought is that L2TP doesn't look appropriate for the situation.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.