PIX 501 single outside interface and PAT for inbound connections???

Hello,

I have a PIX 501 with two interfaces. I am trying to setup a webserver behind the internal interface.

I have a single public IP assigned to the interface. global (outside) 1 interface nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

I tried static (inside,outside) tcp interface www 192.168.1.2 www netmask

255.255.255.25 5 0 0

and

static (inside,outside) *.*.*.* 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

but still cannot connect to the web server. I can ping the external interface. I do have access-list and access-group entries for the inbound connections

access-list permit_in permit tcp any host *.*.*.* access-group permit_in in interface outside

Is there an issue with PAT and a single outside interface being the same.

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Adisegna
Loading thread data ...

In article , wrote: :I have a PIX 501 with two interfaces. I am trying to setup a webserver :behind the internal interface.

:I have a single public IP assigned to the interface. :global (outside) 1 interface :nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0

:I tried :static (inside,outside) tcp interface www 192.168.1.2 www netmask

255.255.255.255 0 0

That's the correct form.

:static (inside,outside) *.*.*.* 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

That won't work for you.

:but still cannot connect to the web server. I can ping the external :interface. :I do have access-list and access-group entries for the inbound :connections

:access-list permit_in permit tcp any host *.*.*.*

Change that to

access-list permit_in permit tcp any interface outside eq www

:access-group permit_in in interface outside

:Is there an issue with PAT and a single outside interface being the :same.

Yes in early 6.2 versions, but that was fixed.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Walter,

So change all my ACLs to 'interface' instead of the public IP?

Thanks

Reply to
mostro

In article , mostro wrote: :Hi Walter,

: So change all my ACLs to 'interface' instead of the public IP?

Depends on the exact PIX software version, but in 6.3 in ACLs, you use 'interface outside' to refer to the outside interface IP. In 'static' and nat commands, you use just 'interface' without the word 'outside': in those commands the interface can be deduced based on other information in the command.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

The only change I had to make to the config was replacing the public IP with 'interface'.

Thanks

Reply to
mostro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.