PIX 501, concurrent connections.

I have a PIX 501 on a network which has just over 10 workstations, depending whos working that day. (ie turned on machines) Sometimes I get one or two workstations that can ping the gateway but not the internet until the PIX is rebooted. I assume this has to do with the base 10 user license keeping an eye on the MAC addresses. How can I check for this and is there any temp solution. ie. change the MAC address expiry timeout, etc. (just guessing here)

Reply to
gooofoofs
Loading thread data ...

"gooofoofs" skrev i en meddelelse news:d3kto7$j67$ snipped-for-privacy@news-01.bur.connect.com.au... How can I check for this and is there any temp

look for "license limit exceede" in syslog OR pix501# sho local Interface Inside: 25 active, 26 maximum active, 0 denied

The denied will count if your license limit has been exceed

you can set the timeout to fx 5 min: Default values : timeout xlate 3:00:00 and timeout conn 1:00:00

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.