PIX 501 Config question

I have recently setup a PIX 501. I'm not sure if what I want to do can be accomplished, but here is what I am trying to do.

When I connect to the VPN, I have full access to everything on my network; however I use a picky SMTP server which only accepts connections from inside my network (although it is a public server).

So basically I would like to be able to send traffic to the SMTP server over the VPN connection. If I turn on the split-tunnel the traffic doesn't go over the VPN. If I turn the split-tunnel off, I still can't get to the SMTP server.

Any information as to how this can be done (assuming it is possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
ben
Loading thread data ...

If I understand correctly, you mean when you connect via the VPN from outside of the PIX to the network protected by the PIX

It isn't possible with the PIX 501. I suggest that you set one of the machines in the protected network to be a proxy server and send your email through the proxy.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

You can't change the SMTP server to allow connections from the VPN subnet?

Reply to
Brian V

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.