password recovery, forethought

hi gang,

spank me if this is the wrong place to ask but could anyone hit me with a cluebat on how to reset the cdb on a forerunner asx-200bx atm switch? i know about the 'send break on testing peripherals bootmessage' but after that i'm too dense to see any cdb-related commands.

again, apologies for asking ot stuff but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

sven

Reply to
Sven Juergensen
Loading thread data ...

Sven,

You may wish to investigate Default Logins and Passwords for Networked Devices:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com=AE Cisco Resource Center United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U=2ES. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558=20 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

With a termial attached to the serial port, reset the switch using a straightened paper clip. When "Decomp..." displays on the front panel display, press and hold the "Next" and "Select" buttons. After a short time the display should stop scrolling. When you release the buttons, the prompt "Boot without reading flash? (y/n)" should be displayed on the terminal. Type "y" and press . The promt "Clear the AMI password?" (y/n) will be displayed. Type "y" and press . The AMI user account on the switch now has no password.

Reply to
gregadams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.