Hardware Based Sniffer

Folks

I work in a lab and I have the following requirement that I am having trouble finding a vendor whose equipment will support. I need:

1. a Gig-Ether hardware based data capturing device,
2.for IPv6 / IPv4, 3.capable of deep packet inspection, 4.has a capability to be controlled via a TCL/TK (so I would like one who has libraries that I can utilize), 5.and who can store data for a period of time but can also through another port (not connected to the network under test) also off-load the captured data to a storage server via TCL/TK.
  1. MPLS, VoIP
  2. Bonus for also being able to to POS OC-48 in the same box (not topology dependant)
  3. OK to do SNMP via IPv4
  4. support Radius / TACACS+

Can reply to me off list and if there is interest I will consolidate a list and report back to the group.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
David Coe
Loading thread data ...

You might want to check out Niksun's NetVCR. I love these boxes. Sniffers on steroids. They added TACACS support at our behest and will quite a few of your requirements.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.