"Packet to client xxxx.xxxx.xxxx reached max retries, removing the client"

Dear People, I have googled around for several days, also reviewed the Google groups, but still have not found out a solution to my Problem: I have two Cisco 1200 Wireless APs, both running IOS 12.2(13)JA3. The Ciscos are located in two locations 3 and 5 km far away from the base point.

From the base point, I connect to both those Ciscos through Aironet PCI
350 Wireless Cards, updated with the latest firmware and software. The Long link works fine, with 11 Mbps. The short link, sorry about this, but sucks... The problem is that, every minute I get a "Packet to client xxxx.xxxx.xxxx reached max retries, removing the client" message in the APs message log. I tried to set the Max RTS Retry Limit to 128 (default 16) but it did not help I tried to set the Packet Retry Limit to 128 (default 16) as well. Again, did not delp. Though interesting part is, there are times, that it starts to work, that is, no more messages appear and the link is stable. This could last for several hours, and than again, exploit. I tried different channels, different speeds, makes no change to the situation. I understand there could be an interference around. But I believe this is not the case as far as I connected the same Link with Dlink Access Point and a Dlink Wireless Client Adapter. And everything worked fine, just as we understand, they are not reliable under heavy load. The Ciscos are configured similarly. If anyone could give me a clue, I'll appreciate it! Thank You.

Kind Regards, Hohenzolern

Reply to
Hohenzolern
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.