Lucent DSL MAX 20 packet loss

Hi there

We have three Lucent DSL MAX 20 connected to a Cisco switch. There are also some other network devices and a linux box connected to the same switch. If I am pinging to or from one of the three Lucent devices I have packet loss. Pinging from and to the other devices connected to the switch works without any packet loss. The switch and cables have already been replaced. On the switch I see that on the fastethernet interfaces on which these three Lucents are connected, the number of CRCs is constantly increasing. I also noticed, that if there are more active DSL connections on the Lucent DSL device there is more packet loss and more CRCs. There are two SDSL-16 cards in each of the three DSL MAX 20 which allow 32 SDSL connections per device. On one device we have 28 active connections and there is about 4% packet loss. On the second Lucent there are 20 connections and there is about 1% packet loss. On the third Lucent there is no active connection but still 1% packet loss.

I have looked at all config options on the Lucents but did not find anything that could solve this packet loss problem. Is there any known hardware problem with this Lucent DSL MAX 20 devices? Could it be a wrong setting on the device configuration? Or what else could cause this problem?

Thanks, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Eyholzer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.