OSPF or EIGRP over IPSEC in GRE

i have tried to test this in my testing environment with no luck. my goal is to have a network comprised of a main office router, Router-A (2621) and a remote office with Router-B (837-adsl) and a Pix in between the Internal network and Router-B. In addition at the remote office there is a Pix with a cable router in front. The pix has a routable network on it. Internal to the remote office is a 2611 used as the gateway interally.

I have an ipsec vpn setup between Router-A and Router-B and ipsec vpn between Router-A and the Pix behind the cable router. The primary gateway from the internal network is the Pix behind Router-B. They both work redundantly if the 837-dsl is down the gateway on the internal router can be pointed at that and everything flows. This takes a manual change to the routing on the interal router to get it to point to the Pix behind the cable router, not ideal. Ultimitly i would like the Pix firewalls to pass the correct routes to the internal to determine what path to take. i have loopback networks traversing the ipsec on the routers. i tried to create a tunnel and use the loopback as source and desination for GRE. i tried OSPF, i had the routes on the internal network for a moment only to see the tunnel go down and complain that it was recursive routes. Anyone got a helpful solution to this?

the layout for path one (this is the primary path for the internal network back to ROUTER-A) ROUTER-A (2621) || ipsec || ipsec ROUTER-B (837) || || PIX (506E) || || INTERNAL (2611)

===============================

the layout for path two ROUTER-A (2621) || ipsec || ipsec PIX (506E) || || INTERNAL (2611)

Reply to
rsurf
Loading thread data ...

I'm trying to do the same thing on my practice lab, and haven't gotten everything working yet.

What complicates this scenario is the double tunnel. I think you'll run into a "cart before the horse" or "chicken and egg" problem.

Does the PIX generate a tunnel back to the Router-A network at some point? If the tunnel doesn't go both ways (no puns, please) you might have problems with routing protocols. I'm interested in what needs to be configured with OSPF to make it work in this situation, too.

Reply to
jeremy.nielson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.