NetFlow and CBWFQ - granular view?

Hi everyone,

I'm running CBWFQ with 3 different classes. I'm using DSCP markings. I have 2 different policies setup, one to mark traffic and the other to sort traffic on output. The policies are applied directly to the interfaces and I'm not doing any kind of traffic shaping. NetFlow is also enabled. I know to use the 'sh policy int xxx' command but I'm hoping to get a more granular look at the traffic. Is there some way using NetFlow (or something else) to see what DSCP each packet is being marked with? The summary view is all fine but I'm curious about some specific traffic and I'd like to verify that it's being marked correctly. I have no point adding precedence markings along with diffserv if necessary. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help, Spencer Teran

Reply to
Spencer Teran
Loading thread data ...

Show queue interface [interface] shows all the current flows and the value of the TOS byte for each flow. You can work out DSCP from this.

The weight value shown in this output also gives the CBWFQ weight. This is inversely proportional to precedence. I'm sure there will be conversion table somewhere for this on cisco.com.

Spencer Teran wrote:

Reply to
kent_plummer

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers, Spencer Teran

Reply to
steran

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.