Need to setup a router/switch with 29 IP addresses, but can't subnet - HOW?

I have a Cisco 2600 series router and a 3500 series switch. I want to configure 2 VLANs and I have 29 distincts IP addresses. The network is setup at home with Verizon's FIOS offering.

Normally I would subnet a block of IP addresses and assign them to individual interfaces. I don't believe that I can do this with 29 IP addresses which don't fall on a subnet boundary.

QUESTION: I want to configure 10 addresses on pcs and plug them into a specific VLAN and the remainder (19) into another VLAN i.e. IP addresses 1-10 VLAN1 and IP addresses 11-29 VLAN2 and have them communicate?

How would I do this? Must I assign an IP address to each router interface? Will arp find the IP addresses for me?

Reply to
war_wheelan
Loading thread data ...

Can you use NAT to map to IP addresses on the inside? that way you could subnet all you wanted behind your equipment and just forward the traffic in.

Reply to
jbeez

I read some documentation on the use of NAT and it seems like it will work it I use static NATs.

Thanks

Reply to
war_wheelan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.