NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH while configuring vrrp

I was trying to configure VRRP on the two routers. and then I gave up and deleted all the vlans. But these error messages indicate that i did not have cleaner cleanup.

Message on Router1 :

CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native vlan mismatch discovered on gigabitethernet 2/11 (11), with Router2 Gigabitethernet2/10 (10)

I see a similar message on Router2:

CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH: Native vlan mismatch discovered on gigabitethernet 2/11 (11), with Router1 Gigabitethernet2/10 (10)

Any Idea ?

- ATM

Reply to
ArvindTM
Loading thread data ...

what vlans are set on each interface?

Reply to
dude

Arvin,

What type of "routers" do you have? Is it Layer3 switches or physical routers? What model? If they are physical routers, how they interconnected, directly with a crossover cable, or through the switch or hub? How switch ports are configured? Configured as a trunk or as an access-port, and what VLANs?

How your router interfaces configured? If you don't use VLANs on the router, you should remove sub-interfaces, remove trunking, and move an IP configuration to a physical interface.

If you still have a question, would you post the following portions of the config: (1) Router1 & Router2 Gigabit interfaces (and corresponding sub-interfaces). (2) If you have a switch between them, then configuration of both ports.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hello snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com,

Do you do trunking/tagging on these ports?

Reply to
Helge Olav Helgesen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.