NAT woes Cisco 1800

Here is a problem that I've got.

Our office is using a 1800 series router for the LAN and we are using a mixture of DCHP and Static IPs in the private address space.

One of our admins set up a NAT mapping of two static private addresses to public IPs

10.10.10.24 XX.XXX.XX.XXX, with the proper ports opened in the ACL.

Both machines were configured properly for their assigned IP's

Both machines are able to connect to the outside world.

Neither machine can receive connections either through the public IP or their internal IPs.

Alas, the admin who did the work is on vacation and is unavailable at this time.

Can anybody make a suggestion on how I can get the world to talk to these machines?

Regards,

D.

Reply to
dgh94703
Loading thread data ...

You say the machines in question don't accept connections from the outside as well as the inside. If you can't connect on the inside from inside hosts I doubt the problem is NAT related. If you try and connect to one of the hosts from another host on the same subnet does it work? What is it that these systems are doing, are they say Windows boxes running IIS? First thing would be to ge them working internally before tackling the outside issue!!

Scott

Reply to
Scooty

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.