naive routing base on interface and tcp

for IONS, is it possible to route traffic based on TCP port number say 123 to say FE3 to which is attached a firewall gateway with different network or subnet address?

what is happening is that I got only two external Wan ports to work with cisco1811, and I need another wan or two

Reply to
gg
Loading thread data ...

It depends upon the IOS version and hardware involved, but what you are talking about appears to be what Cisco calls "Policy Based Routing" (PBR), which is available on a wide variety of platforms and software versions.

I am not certain from what you wrote whether you need the destination address to be changed along the way, or if you just need to route the packets selectively and the next hop will take care of the delivery. Selective Port Address Translation (PAT) is possible, but generally speaking it needs newer software versions than PBR does.

If your requirement is to have additional public address blocks, then you can arrange with your ISP to deliver traffic for those new blocks to you over one of the existing WAN port. If, though, your requirement is to more WAN hardware connections (e.g., a third T1 line) then matters may become more difficult.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

thank you very much for your answers the 18111/k9 IOS is the latest 14.4(6)T

I am still researching on the Exchange Non Delivery Report traffic. I think the end delivery address does need to change. I do expect the L2 router firewall to translate (Nat) the inside address to appropriately to use the external IP of the L2 router Firewall connected to FE3. Is that L2 router firewall what you call next hop?

Reply to
GG

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.