TCP/UDP port or protocol-based routing

Greetings. Does anyone here have any ideas for routing traffic based on the protocol or tcp/udp port numbers? For example I have a site that needs to route all outbound SMTP and FTP traffic onto one circuit and all SSH, Telnet, NTP, DNS and HTTP traffic onto another circuit. They are most concerned with routing highly interactive protocols like SSH and telnet over the higher-speed lower-latency circuit and keeping most of the bandwidth hogs on another circuit. I'm not just talking about setting precedence and priority but literally segementing off specific types of traffic from one another. I've been looking at various route-map options but I haven't been able to find any layer-4 filtering options (tcp/udp port #). That is unless the "match ip address" command will match against an ACL that defines destination port instead of IP. The destinations for this type of traffic varies wildly. I don't have a lab with which I can test this on at the moment. Does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

J
Reply to
J
Loading thread data ...

check out policy-based routing

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.