Multiple T1 Lines

I am wondering what are my options for my problem. I am a newbie to the cisco stuff. I am sure there is someway around this.

I have 2 T1 lines, Each of them going out a different firewall device. I was able to choose which gateway/firewall before we setup VLAN's.

Now that the VLAN's are setup. There is a static route going to 1 of the the firewalls(default). I am not sure how to .setup/choose for my machine only to go through the other firewall/gateway.Because all the users are going out the default line, Internet speeds are very slow.

If someone can provide a detailed explantion, I am very grateful

thanks in advance

Reply to
needhelpplease
Loading thread data ...

I think you're going to have to run policy routing to do what you're trying to do. You would have to match based on the source address and set the next hop for those subnets. For example, if you want to force all clients in the IP range 10.0.0.0 - 10.0.7.254 through the first link (192.168.1.2) and all clients in the range 10.0.8.0 - 10.0.15.254 through the second link (192.168.2.2), your configuration might look something like this. (assuming fastethernet 0/0 is the LAN side interface)

access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 255.255.248.0 access-list 2 permit 10.0.8.0 255.255.248.0

route-map Set_Next_Hop permit 10 match ip address 1 set ip next-hop 192.168.1.2 192.168.2.2 route-map Set_Next_Hop permit 20 match ip address 2 set ip next-hop 192.168.2.2 192.168.1.2

interface fastethernet 0/0 ip policy route-map Set_Next_Hop in

The second IP address in each "set ip next-hop" statements allow for backup in case the primary link for those subnets fails. The "ip policy route-map" statement applies the route-map inbound on the LAN interface. HTH

Robert

Reply to
Robert

If you have a router before the firewalls you could create two default routes and set equal cost. The router should round robin traffic between those two routes.

Reply to
jsalminen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.