Multicast routing with Catalyst 4500

I have some problem with Multicats routing and 4500. I have 2 VLANs routed by the 4500 ( VLAN A & VLAN B ) I would like to route multicast between the 2 Vlans. I configure 2 vlans , with an IP address for each one. I enable Multicats routing via the IP multicast-routing command. I enable PIM sparse-dense-mode on the 2 vlan interfaces.

I plug a computer on one of the interface assign to vlan A, wunning a multicats server, and a computer running multicast client on one of the VLAN B interface on the 4500.

There is no way for the client to receive the multicast stream .... do you have an idea why it is not working ?

thanks for your help !

Reply to
Matt
Loading thread data ...

I have some problem with Multicats routing and 4500. I have 2 VLANs routed by the 4500 ( VLAN A & VLAN B ) I would like to route multicast between the 2 Vlans. I configure 2 vlans , with an IP address for each one. I enable Multicats routing via the IP multicast-routing command. I enable PIM sparse-dense-mode on the 2 vlan interfaces.

I plug a computer on one of the interface assign to vlan A, wunning a multicats server, and a computer running multicast client on one of the VLAN B interface on the 4500.

There is no way for the client to receive the multicast stream .... do you have an idea why it is not working ?

thanks for your help !

===>

Try to start the stream and then run a "sho ip mroute", then also do a "sho ip rpf ". Paste those into a reply....

Also, do a "sh ip pim int" and make sure both of the vlan interfaces are listed.

Reply to
Kevin Widner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.