MPLS documentation question

Hello,

I'm re-entering the MPLS development world after an absence of four years. When I last worked on MPLS in 2002, the standards were taking shape, RSVP seemed to be the signalling protocol of choice in favour of LDP, while Diff-Serv, Int-Serv and TE were going though the standardisation process. I suppose that the landscape has changed substantially since then. Now there is talk of G-MPLS.

Could anyone recommend me some MPLS material or books to read to help me catch up?

Many thanks , Polo

Reply to
Polomora
Loading thread data ...

Hi Polo,

You may wish to investigate Cisco Systems MPLS Documentation:

formatting link
and Cisco Systems MPLS Technologies:

formatting link

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most recent Cisco Press Book published on June 2, 2006 is QoS for IP/MPLS Networks:

formatting link
Authored by Mr. Santiago Alvarez, CCIE No. 3621 with the Cisco IOS Technology Group, the book covers:

1. MPLS TE with its DiffServ extensions.

1. Multiple configuration and verification examples illustrating the implementation of MPLS TE, DS-TE, and FRR.

2. The most elaborate scenarios combining DiffServ, DS-TE, and FRR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Press Book - Selecting MPLS VPN Services - published February

13th, 2006:

formatting link

Cisco Press Book - MPLS Configuration on Cisco IOS Software - published October 17th, 2005:

formatting link

Cisco Press Book - MPLS VPN Security - published June 8th, 2005:

formatting link

Cisco Press Book - Definitive MPLS Network Designs - published March

14th, 2005:

formatting link

Cisco Press Book - Fault-Tolerant IP and MPLS Networks - published November 11th, 2004:

formatting link

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Many thanks Brad, very comprehensive.

Polo

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
Polomora

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.