More Easy VPN Q's :(

Hey all,

I'm a little confused with the differences in setting up easy vpn client or network extension mode. According to docs:

=B7Client-Specifies that NAT or PAT be done so that the PCs and other hosts at the remote end of the VPN tunnel form a private network that does not use any IP addresses in the IP address space of the destination server.

So does that mean I don't have to specify an ip local pool on the easy vpn server if using client-mode? In the various sample configs used for this, they all specified an IP pool for incoming connections to grab addresses from or is this pool used for something else?

Originally, everything was honkey-dorey as I decided on using client-mode and sent instructions to the remote office to set up their PIX as so. However, they are telling me now that they can't use DHCP (which client-mode must have). Actually, since the client end has a static IP assigned to both its private and public interfaces on its PIX, would that render client-mode pointless anyway and we should use network extension instead? Does Network extension not require dhcp configured onto its device?

Reply to
psychogenic
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.