dynamic VPN tunnel

Hi all, I have a client that is using SonicWall with dynamic public IP address assigned to their DSL. They want to establish a VPN tunnel a PIX Firewall in one of their remote sites using static IP addresses. Is that possible? Something like a VPN client (SonicWall) to a VPN server (PIX) relationship but it will establish a site-to-site VPN tunnel? Thanks in advance, Al

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 46199 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

formatting link
for free now!

Reply to
al
Loading thread data ...

In article , al wrote: :I have a client that is using SonicWall with dynamic public IP address :assigned to their DSL. :They want to establish a VPN tunnel a PIX Firewall in one of their remote :sites using static IP addresses. :Is that possible? :Something like a VPN client (SonicWall) to a VPN server (PIX) relationship :but it will establish a site-to-site VPN tunnel?

It should work. On the PIX, set up a crypto dynamic map with the transform set, and import that into your crypto map with a high policy number. If you are using preshared keys, set up an isakmp key on the PIX; if you know the range of IP addresses that might be assigned, you can use the appropriate netmask; otherwise you'll have to use the 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 address on the isakmp key.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.