HOW TO DIAL UP FROM AS5300 TO PC-MODEM OVER PPP

In the case of study

formatting link
is explained like connecting from PC-Modem with a AS5300 using PPP to accede to a Local NETWORK. My question is if the opposite way is possible, that the AS5300 calls to PC-Modem so that this accedes to the LOCAL NETWORK.

My Cisco As5300 has a configuration so that:

version 12.2 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname as5300

modemcap entry GR_PRUEBA:MSC=s13=0s21=3s22=0s23=1s24=1s50=60000Q0E0V0

interface Group-Async2 description conexion RTC ip unnumbered Ethernet0 encapsulation ppp no logging event link-status load-interval 30 dialer in-band dialer idle-timeout 57600 async mode interactive peer default ip address pool pool_local no fair-queue ppp authentication chap group-range 117 156 !

line 117 120 no motd-banner no exec-banner exec-timeout 0 0 no vacant-message modem InOut modem autoconfigure type GR_PRUEBA rotary 4 transport input all transport output lat pad telnet rlogin udptn v120 lapb-ta escape-character NONE autoselect during-login autoselect ppp telnet transparent autohangup parity even

Is possible to do ? bash-2.03$ telnet as5300 5004 Trying 10.XX.XX.XX ... Connected to as5300. Escape character is '^]'. ATDT56989663

56989663 is the number telephoned of PC

Is this solution possible ?

Thanks !

Reply to
AlvaroMako
Loading thread data ...

Yes. Look up "chat-script" in the Cisco manuals, and well as "dialer-group" and "dialer-list"

The basic principle is outlined in

formatting link

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

formatting link

Reply to
jefflin.choi

Ok thanks, I'll test this solution.

Reply to
AlvaroMako

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.