memory problem ?

Hello,

I have regulary this crash of a Cisco 1721 :

"System returned to ROM by address error at PC 0xB0D0B0C, address

0xB0D0B0C at 05:02:37 Fr_ete Wed Jul 13 2005"

with this versions :

12.4.2T 12.4.2T1 12.4.2T2 12.4.4T

The Cisco work well with 12.3(10a) without this error. The RAM is 96 MBytes and Flash is 32 MBytes, as required.

Do you know a CLI or procedure command for RAM testing ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Luc
Loading thread data ...

If you were running fine on 12.3(10a) why did you upgrade? "T" code is always very buggy because it contains new software features. Non "T" trains contain only bug fixes. 12.3(T) code becomes 12.4 mainline, 12.4(T) will become 12.5 mainline. Never, ever, ever run "T" code unless you absolutely need a new feature that is not available in mainline code.

Scott

Reply to
thrill5

Luc, the router is crashing because whatever function in use at the time of the crash is trying to dereferrence an already freed block of memory. This is a software defect in IOS and it shouldn't happen. Send me the "crashinfo" and "show tech" from the flash or post the "show stack". I will try to help you determine if you are running into a new defect or an existing one.

Please send the following information to snipped-for-privacy@cisco.com

1. show tech
  2. crashinfo files from the flash:

Example: router#>more flash:crashinfo_20050520-094503

Reply to
Anthony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.