Newbie Help

I have a Cisco 2610XM with the config below. I need to allow pinging from inside my network to the internet, and I would also like to add telnet access to a console session on the router from the inside only.

I am not a cisco guy, and I don't want to be. I just need to allow these two things.

Any help? Any other readily apparent problems with this config?

Thanks.

Current configuration : 939 bytes ! version 12.2 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname XXX_XXXXXXX ! enable secret 5 $1$JuNG$swWpAjl8Misg50VoZlEkM/ enable password 7 044C04140325 ! ip subnet-zero ! ! ip name-server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip access-group 2 in frame-relay interface-dlci 383 IETF ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ip http server ip pim bidir-enable ! ! access-list 2 deny 218.70.0.0 0.0.255.255 access-list 2 permit any ! line con 0 password 7 06110033404A login line aux 0 line vty 0 4 password 7 06501E735C1B1B login ! ! end

Reply to
sameat
Loading thread data ...

I'm willing to help but I'll need a little more info. The two tasks you're asking for are quite easy to do but I need to know:

Is this your internet facing router or an internal WAN router. (for telnet reasons)

If this is an internet router, is there a firewall between it and your internal net? If so, you'll have to use your nat'd (external) address on the acl for your vty sessions. You should harden the inbound access with the industry standard security template. You should use an authentication method as well.. (local or external AAA system).

If a WAN router, you can use your internal subnet range. If there is a specific subnet, say... an IT_Support net, you can limit access to just that subnet.

Let me know and I'll build you a generic template that you can customize...

Reply to
garrisb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.