ISAKMP KEY ******** issue

On the pix, and Im using preshared keys ok. I type in isakmp key test address 10.10.10.10 netmask 255.255.255.255 when i do a sh run under that line all i get is isakmp key ******** address 10.10.10.10 netmask

255.255.255.255 Just wondering how I go about viewing the preshared key Every time I do a show run it gets replaced by ******** all the time Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Reply to
John Hooper
Loading thread data ...

Yes, PIX doesn't show the pre-shared keys or unencrypted passwords. Set up a TFTP server and use command

write net

Then you can look the configuration file on the TFTP server and check the passwords.

Reply to
Jyri Korhonen

If you have entered it yourself, why do you need to see it?

I have a feeling that if you "write net" and save the config to a TFTP server you can see the proper keys.

Reply to
Paul Womar

I am looking at this for debugging purposes. Would be handy if you could see it in the running config I would think

yes if you save it to a TFTP server it work no probs.

Reply to
John Hooper

G'Day everyone, I figured out a way actually, I don't know if its the correct way or not but it works for me:

sh tech-support detail | >

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.