IPphone 7961G config file description?

Hello,

I am deploying an open source phone exchange (Asterisk) and evaluating various phones for it. I bought one unit of Cisco 7961G for evaluation and have problems making some of its features working (to be specific - the Busy Light Feature - it does not subscribe for this feature). I asked both our supplier and Cisco for a description of the XML config files for this phone and got a reply "Cisco supports SIP drafts and they work only with CCM" (well, does not exactly answer my request, eh?).

Before I dump off the Cisco phones, anyone has a description of the XML config file (or at least some suggestions how to make BLF working)?

Thanks! __Yehavi:

Reply to
yehavi
Loading thread data ...

If Cisco is telling you they only support SIP with CCM, sounds like a good reason not to use them to me. The cost of the phone is only a fraction of the total lifetime support cost, so if the vendor is not going to support it then your support costs go up exponentially.

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.