IP Routing Troubleshooting in OSPF & BGP4

I am looking for a good book or some study material to help me with troubleshooiting our OSPF and BGP network. I seem to get confused with numerous statics in the network and need a better understanding of what route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

I have read Cisco press books on OSPF and BGP but am looking for help only in the areas of troubleshooting routing for those protocols.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Reply to
rmullen1
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate Cisco's Troubleshooting Open Shortest Path First ( OSPF ):

formatting link
as well as Cisco's Troubleshooting Border Gateway Protocol ( BGP ):

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

If you have any specific current issues, then post the details - the router configs, the output of show version on each of the routers and the output of sh ip route along witht the output of the OSPF topology database and BGP route table.

Generally using static routes to fix connectivity issues doesn't sound good to me ...

Reply to
Merv

Merv,

I totally agree that statics don't help. My questions are mostly regarding if I find a static or am having problems getting to a certain route, I have troubleshooting one what route should go where, and two do I have to keep a static route and repoint it, or can I use the IGP. This is not a specific problem I am having, just need to get beter at troubleshooting statics and routing issues.

Merv wrote:

better > understanding of what route should go where to fix connectivity issues.

Reply to
rmullen1

Is the network a corporate network or an ISP network?

Reply to
Merv

Reply to
rmullen1

Reply to
rmullen1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.