IOS Upgrade through console in cisco 2500

Hi

I want to upgraded ios in cisco 2500 router . kindly advise me in this regard thanks in advance thanks bns

Reply to
bond007
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Cisco IOS Software Selector:

formatting link
as well as Cisco IOS Upgrade Planner:

formatting link

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com=AE Cisco Resource Center United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U=2ES. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558=20 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

bns,

What kind of info are you looking for here? How to upgrade the IOS? Or what IOS to upgrade to?

For basic info on how to do the upgrade see:

formatting link
For info on what IOS to upgrade to see Brad's earlier post.

HTH,

-Richard

Reply to
Richard Graves

Can't do it via the 2500 console.

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

I want to upgrade IOS through console . How to do kindly advise bns

Reply to
bond007

Reply to
Howard Huntley

Howard is correct if you currently have a functional IOS. If not, then you'll have to load it through the console port.

Boot into rommon mode. Change the console rate to 115200 (otherwise it'll take a lot longer). You'll have to restart HyperTerm (or whatever program your using) to match the 115200 console rate. Transfer the file via HyperTerm using xmodem (it steps you through the process, use the ? for help in rommon mode). It may seem like it's not doing anything after it's done xferring but the checksum on the image xferred may take a while. (You'll see the hex numbers slowly count upwards). When it's done reload the router, providing it's a supported IOS for that model and you have sufficient flash and ram, it should be successful.

Reply to
Brad

Good instructions for recent routers whose console ports support xmodem; however the 2500 is not one of them.

On the 2500, you'll have to load code via TFTP thru the Ethernet.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.