IBGP configuration

Hi all, can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol like OSPF OR RIP.

THANKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reply to
cisco_crazy
Loading thread data ...

Yes.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

On 14 =D0=B8=D1=8E=D0=BB, 09:58, cisco_crazy wrot= e:

start from here:

formatting link

Reply to
dk77

Yes, I work on a team that designed a network solely with iBGP for a multihome fully meshed topology. And the config was not as complicated as it would thought to be.

start from here:

formatting link

Reply to
swpa

It can be done. However, iBGP needs a route to reach its neighbor/peer. So if you are not directly connected to your neighbors, you'll need either dynamic or static routes to get between them.

Also, if you have multiple pathways between neighbors/peers, it is better to use an iBGP which can make use of alternate pathways between your neighbors/peers in the event of a failure. In such a case, it is best to peer up to loopback IPs....

-ja

Reply to
John Agosta

Yes, as the gentlemen stated, peer on loopback and a very good point to make. We used peer groups and private asn's also as we had 22 sites with primary and secondary connections. We chose the delay in the route re assignment to secondary should the primary route fail over reconvergence that OSPF would have created. Worked out well but again we had a delay in route fail over due to the timers in BGP. I very fun and simple network to design and was tired of the frame relay eigrp networks stuff.

Reply to
swpa

Yes, but it is NOT a good IGP.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.