How can I set 2 routers with same network address ?

I don't understand it please help me. I have no idea. Two routers are connected with hubs, and I can't ping from workstation "sys6" to "sun workstation" how can I ping each other ?

Please refer to below. It's "packet tracer 3.2" file representing my cisco lab configuration. Thanks.

Reply to
jh3ang
Loading thread data ...

What file? Don't attach file when sending to newsgroups.

Back up and explain what you are trying to do.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
S

On 23.03.2006 21:50 jh3ang wrote

did you set the default route on both sys6 and sun workstation to the ip_address of the directly attached router? E.g.

if sys6 has ip address 192.168.42.1/24 and rtr_1 192.168.42.254/24 set

ip route add default via 192.168.42.254

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

Sorry, Here comes image files. These are router status and topology.

formatting link

Reply to
jh3ang

You have to copy and paste it. Don't click it.

Reply to
jh3ang

From the router (3600) can you ping both sys6 and sun workstation? Do they have default gateways or routes to the other network via the router?

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Yes, I can ping from 3600 to sys6, and from 3600 to sun. I'm gonna try again after "default gateway" setting, but first i have to find out how to configure defualt gateway -.-.

Reply to
jh3ang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.