Help with NAT Mapping please

I've set up what I thought was a NAT mapping on my 1721 to ensure that all outbound traffic on port 25 presents itself as coming from a different IP address than the main router one by adding the following

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.111.2 25 xxx.xxx.xxx.162 25 extendable

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.162 is the IP address I want it to come from and xxx.xxx.xxx.161 is the routers IP address as defined in the Dialer1 interface (I'm connecting via ADSL) ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.161

What have I done wrong and have I posted up enough information?

Reply to
Gordon Philip
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Have you tried "show ip nat translation" to confirm that the mapping has been done after initiating an outbound smtp connection? Depending on the nat expiry time you might not see any translation at all.

Try this NAT statement: ip nat inside source static 192.168.111.2 xxx.xxx.xxx.162 This will give the internal IP 192.168.111.2 a permanent translation to the external IP xxx.xxx.xxx.162 for any sort of traffic.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Reply to
RobO

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.