help with Cisco VPN certificate

I hope someone can help me.... I'm running XP and my machine crashed in the middle of installing VPN. When I rebooted and ran the install prog again I got the message that another version of VPN was already installed and would be removed now...

Then the next screen said that I had to reboot...

Ran the installer again and got the same message - and so it went in a circle

So:

-I deleted the VPN application

-I uninstalled the network adaptor

-I used regedit to delete asociated keys... And I still get the same message.

So I figure that the installer is checking to see if there is a certificate and using that to determine that VPN is already installed...

Does that sound about right, and if so how do I delete the certificate manually?

I need VPN for my work so I am in kind of a tight spot.

Thanks

Reply to
adamleight
Loading thread data ...

to my point of view the error is stating that the previous installation has still left something on ur machine which is preventing the new package to install. but anyways if u want to delete the certificate u have to open internet explorer and then Tools>Internet Option>Content>Certificates>Intended Purpose (ALL)>Trusted Root Certification Authorities. here u can find a list of ROOT CA find urs and delete it. Do restart the machine after u delete that.

Reply to
Waqas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.