Help with a command

Hi all,

crypto map testmap local-address FastEthernet0/0

We have a router in India, the usual set up, they have a T1 to their provider with a serial ip address and behind that, they have an ethernet network with a small ip block.

I want to do a ipsec vpn tunnel to a firewall here in the US, and ofcourse I want it to work, so is it correct to use FastEthernet or should I have used Serial0/0/0 something? I want the traffic coming from their LAN encrypted.

A side question: Once this is working and the config on the firewall is fine, do you have to "open" the tunnel? how does it work?

Thanks,

-John

Reply to
John
Loading thread data ...

Hi all,

crypto map testmap local-address FastEthernet0/0

We have a router in India, the usual set up, they have a T1 to their provider with a serial ip address and behind that, they have an ethernet network with a small ip block.

I want to do a ipsec vpn tunnel to a firewall here in the US, and ofcourse I want it to work, so is it correct to use FastEthernet or should I have used Serial0/0/0 something? I want the traffic coming from their LAN encrypted.

Thanks,

-John

Reply to
John

formatting link
list of crypto configuration examples:- IPSec on Router to Router

formatting link
Manual Keying Between Routers Configuration Example

Should get you going. There is no NAT here but you do not seem to want that.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.