Gigastack Cabling on 3550

I have 5 3550 switches in the datacenter connected to each other with the gigastack cards and yellow cables. I am not sure if the cabling was setup correctly. I believe there is 1 redundent link from the last switch to the first. Is this correct? Could someone point me in the right direction. I checked the interface of Ga0/8 and its running at HALF/1000. is this correct? Is it possible to make it run FULL DUPLEX. I see alot of collissions on that interface but do not see anything on GA0/1 - GA0/7

thanks in advance.

Z
Reply to
ZooOYork
Loading thread data ...

In a cascaded topology with a redundant link, all GigaStack interfaces will automatically negotiate to half-duplex.

see Cisco document "Catalyst Switch GigaStack Configuration and Implications"

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Would that decrease performance on the switches?

Reply to
ZooOYork

Would that decrease performance on the switches?

Reply to
ZooOYork

Yes.

You could try removing the redundant link to see if the switches will negioate to full-duplex.

Reply to
Merv

For the Switches on each of the Floors (2switches each floor). Is it recommended to just use point to point and not cascade the gigastack cards?

Reply to
ZooOYork

for your floor switches, you would need to determine whether the level of collisions warrantes changing to point-to-point so that the gigastack llink runs in full-duplex mode

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.