Emulating Priority Queuing (PQ) on 7206 VXR

Hello,

I have a need for multi-level (more than 2) strict priority queuing of IPv6 traffic flows on a Cisco 7206 VXR running IOS 12.4. Since the router doesn't support PQ for IPv6 traffic, I was hoping that someone has found a workaround for this limitation. I'd like to sort the traffic into four different queues based on DSCP (EF, AF21, AF11, BE). The only thing I can come up with is shown below and I'm not 100% sure it is correct. Sometimes I get errors from the IOS about using > 100% of bandwidth, although, I don't see these errors when I assign the policy to the interface then define the classes within the policy. In other words, it seems order-dependent.

Does anyone else have any creative ways of implementing strict-priority queuing on a cisco? Is there a way to somehow nest policies to achieve strict-priority queuing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan...

class-map match-any Q0 match dscp ef class-map match-any Q1 match dscp af21 class-map match-any Q2 match dscp 11 class-map match-any Q3 match dscp be

policy-map Strict-Priority-Policy class Q0 priority percent 100 class Q1 bandwidth remaining percent 99 class Q2 bandwidth remaining percent 1

Then, the policy is applied to a particular interface with "service-policy output Strict-Priority-Policy"

Reply to
ryan.kingsbury
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.