eap-fast evaluation

Hi,

I am trying to set up a test env for evaluation of an EAP-FAST server. and for that I need a compatible client ( peer / supplicant ) and a NAS. I have a laptop that seems to be having Intel=AE PRO/Wireless

3945ABG Network Connection card and as per its documentation it supports EAP-FAST, I have agies and odessey/funk client ( evaluation) for that. Now for NAS ( access point ) I am not sure .. there are few from cisco aironet that claims that they support eap-fast. and few access point from linksys that support 802.1x with lesser price. I need to buy one for my testing but not sure if linksys would do.

Can someone please suggest the correct one .. with details.

Another question is, what do we mean by NAS/access point supporting EAP-FAST. if its 802.11 compliant shouldnt it support all eap types such as eap-ttls , eap-tls or eap-fast for that matter.

thanks a lot.

Sachin.

Reply to
sachin
Loading thread data ...

Hi Sachin,

You may also wish to post to the Linksys Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Sachin,

Any AP that supports EAP (802.1x / WPA-Enterprise / 802.11i) should be able to support EAP-FAST through it.

The Cisco Aironet APs also include built in EAP-FAST RADIUS server (intended to support at most 50 clients).

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.