DynDNS or not to DynDNS doubt

this is maybe a little bit off topic, but anyway, is your experience with DynDNS services positive or negative? I'm in doubt what to offer to one of my SMB customers since he uses dynamic public ip address that changes every

24 h, but he needs to access his work site from home with VPN. Is dynDNS enough reliable solution or should I consider obtaining static ip address (this will add to the cost) or even providing this VPN service trough my infrastructure with VRF-lite or DMVPN which will add to the deployment time and to the cost accordingly...

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic
Loading thread data ...

Hi Igor

I have positive experience with "no-ip.com" dynamic DNS service. It work fine for more than a yer with several instaltions

I suppose you are from Croatia

M.

Reply to
ttt

Yes I'm from Croatia... Well, thanks for your valuable response...I just wanted to know how ddns is reliable service in real environments...

B.R.

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

I tried to use Dynu.com using the windows client and it almost *NEVER* automatically updated. Whenever my DSL changed address my ddns name stopped working till I manually changed it on their website. I've since switched to dyndns.org and it has been working reliably. dyndns.org is built into Linksys & Netgear routers (at models I've used).

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

Reply to
DigitalVinyl

I have been using them for years with no problem at all.

Tony

Reply to
Config T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.