Droid phone connecting to a Cisco VPN...

Has anyone done this without using a rooted phone? I have seen apps out there that supposedly work with a rooted phone. I am trying to get my Incredible and my bosses Moto Droid to connect up to our VPN.

I think I have clientless SSL VPN connections working to a point. But I don't think that is the direction that I want to go in. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
TimParker
Loading thread data ...

for the

Reply to
Luc

Someone (google, Motorola, a 3rd party, etc) will have to work with Cisco to get something in to the Android Marketplace for older revs of the OS (I don't know which you have). Android 2.1 has its own VPN client but it doesn't do group authentication yet. And clientless SSL VPN connections use Java so I think you'll have to wait. In the mean time, the open source vpnc package does work but only on rooted devices. q.v. this feature request for Cisco IPsec support:

formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Thanks Gary, was afraid of that, as I had gathered all this info already. Was hoping that maybe I had missed something....

Tim

Reply to
TimParker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.