Does Anyone Make a 1/2 U Cable Organizer?

I'm looking for an extremely short 1/2 U (or smaller) cable organizer that I can use with 16 port ethernet switches. I have a lot of these associated with different segments on a firewall, and I really have a shortage of rack space. Does anyone make such a thing? I have many 1U organizers, and I really do need 1/2 U.

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

maybe use a "lacing" bar

see LBP-1.5

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Can you even put something that's a fractional-U height into a rack without wasting the space it doesn't take up?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Zip or velcro tie individual cables into groups of four, two to the left, and two to the right. Zip or velcro tie each of the four bundles to vertical cable manager slightly higher than connectors, making graceful nice curves to ensure proper strain relief at RJ-45 connectors. In a pinch, use unused holes on EIA 19" rack with zip ties as vertical organizer.

Wrolf

Reply to
Wrolf

Wrolf wrote, in part:

I have used the following product in similar situations with with good success:

formatting link
It's the last item down the page. Comtop sells through retailers and resellers only, I believe. I got some through:

formatting link
This company does not list all of its products online, so you need to email or call them to get a quote on this product.

John

Reply to
johnr999

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.