DNS behind ASA server

X-No-Archive: yes Hi

I am problems running DNS on a linux server behind a cisco ASA the sofwtare version is Appliance Software Version 7.2(1)

I can transfer the zone between the server behind the pASA and the slave outside as long as I do not use the Allow-transfer to restrict the transfer to only the slave out side the ASA firewall.

The firewall passes the traffic fine but the DNS server seams to reject the request. any one any experience. Version of bind us BIND 9.3.x

Peter

Reply to
Peter Simons
Loading thread data ...

Sounds more like a DNS server issue to me. Did you post this in comp.protocols.dns.bind?

Reply to
chris

No. I thought I would ask here first as its the group I am Most familiar with.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Simons

So are you seeking help with your ASA or BIND setup? It's not quite clear. If you're not sure about the ASA then please post the config. If it's the BIND setup then post the question in comp.protocols.dns.bind and provide configs. It sounds like your named.conf file but your logs will tell you why the zone transfer is being denied. You'll need to provide more information to get to the bottom of this one.

Chris.

Reply to
chris

X-No-Archive: yes

chris wrote: r

Your right its was a Bind Problem

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter Simons

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.