Discussion about segregating bandwidth with Cisco 7513, Cisco 3750 and Cisco 3640

Dear group members,

In the network environment which I maintain, we have a video streaming signal piping from my station, to Los Angeles using a direct IPLC line of 45 Mbps. Once reach Los Angeles it was pipe to another equipment which present the video signal to various recipient.

Once I tried to have a internet connection by subcribing an E1 line to the ISP provider in Los Angeles. I got 32 Public IP and quiet happy with the service. In Los Angeles, I have 1 unit of Cisco 7513 with a DS3 card. I got another Cisco 7513 in Malaysia with a DS3 card.

To make the internet connection work, I subscribed an E1 link with the local ISP in Los Angeles. I bought a Cisco 3640 with E1 port. I use the FE port on Cisco 3640 to tap to the Cisco 7513.

Over in Malaysia, I bought a cisco 2811 and tapped from a FE port to Cisco 7513 FE port. Then I created a tunnel between cisco 3640 and cisco 2811. Below is the sketch diagram.

|----------Los Angeles------------------| |---------------Malaysia---------------|

ISP -----E1------Cisco3640 -----FE-----Cisco7513 ===T3==Cisco7513------FE----Cisco2811

Tunnel

In this tunnel I put in a public IP and I manage to get internet.

I got one of my office friend who wants a 256K for his personal emailing system. Using the current E1 subcription, I planned to give him 1 public IP and tap his computer to a Cisco Catalyst 3750 port and rate limit it to 256K.

The question or challenge for discussion here is can I do tunnelling on Cisco 3750.

What other options that I have to play since I only have Cisco Catalyst

3750 to play with, I do not intend to buy any more since this is more on exploration work. Hard for me to justify to the company since I cannot create a busines impact from the exploration work.

Regards

Iskandar Hussein Malaysia.

Reply to
iskandar
Loading thread data ...

Hi Iskandar,

You may wish to investigate the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch Software Configuration Guide.

Configuring 802.1Q and Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.