Console access

Hi,

I have a number of routers that have WIC-1 AM's in that we dial up to using Hyperterminal, I would like to configure a router so when we are not in the office we can VPN in telnet onto a router and it will dial the routers for us. Does anyone have any ideas or links showing me how to configure a router to do this. If we were using IP it would be easy to configure sadly not.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
jonathan.clowes
Loading thread data ...

You can do this with a terminal server. Look at Lantronix. I've used their products for things other than what you are asking, but am pretty sure you'd be able to accomplish just what you have described.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

Jim,

Many thanks I have a stack of Cisco routers > news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
jonathan.clowes

Jonathan,

Hope I'm not missing something here, but couldn't you hang a modem off the aux port of a spare router, establish your VPN connection, then make reverse telnet connection to the aux port with the modem and dial the other routers from there?

There's an example of a reverse telnet connection on:

formatting link
HTH Steve

Reply to
StivH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.