Connecting two networks with ISDN

Hi

I`m trying to connect two networks with ISDN connection. The routers at the both ends of two networks are Cisco 803 boxes. I was trying to use the information the I found in Cisco guide at cisco`s website

formatting link
I`m unable to connect from one router to another. I think that it is beacuse of messed up static routing definition. Could you please explain me how to set up proper routing in such network scenario.

Thanks

M.

Reply to
michal.karas
Loading thread data ...

More information will be needed to be able to help. Post your configs to the group after suitably anonymizing it.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

formatting link
Unfortunately I`m unable to connect from one router to another. I

You say that 'routing' is the problem but are you sure ISDN has come up? \\

As far as routing goes if 'layer-2' is there your internal routing protocol should take care of the rest.

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

I`m unsure what kind of static route entries I should have in my routers configuration.

Cisco 803 Cisco803 eth0 A bri0 bri0 B eth0

192.168.1.1 10.1.0.1 10.1.0.2 192.168.11.1

At cisco pages I`ve found documentation about creating such a connection

formatting link
it is still not clear enough for me especially part about setting up static routing

" Set up static routes. In the following example, the destination (San Jose) network is 10.1.0.0, the subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, and the San Jose router ISDN interface is 10.3.1.1.

LosAngeles(config)# ip route 10.1.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.3.1.1

Note You must configure the route to the San Jose network as well as the route to the San Jose router ISDN interface. The route to the San Jose router is through the dialer 0 port of the LosAngeles router. "

Reply to
michal.karas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.