Cisco Aironet 350 A/P power question

I understand these acess points are powered by an ethernet cable.

Can the cable be any Cat 5 ethernet cable?

Thanks!

Deguza

Reply to
Kompu Kid
Loading thread data ...

On 16 Oct 2006 22:30:30 -0700, "Kompu Kid" wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

"Kompu Kid" hath wroth:

No. The ethernet cable does not generate any power. It's the 48V power supply at the other end of the cable that powers the Cisco 350.

Yes, any CAT5e or better *SOLID* cable will work. The 100m length limitation will be because of the data pairs and not because of the PoE pairs. Solid CAT5e and CAT6 will probably be required as stranded "patch cables" are officially limited to 10 meters for both 10baseT and 100baseT. Longer lengths of stranded patch cables will function, but you're on your own as far as breaking the EIA/TIA recommendations. |

formatting link
(item #5) |
formatting link
"The TIA/EIA 568A which is the governing standard regarding commercial cabling systems limits the length of patch cables to 10 meters in total length."

Hint: Try to keep it clean: |

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

DAMN!!!!!! And I thought some of my "temporary" wiring jobs were messy! If my stuff were like that, there would be tons and tons of RF related interference to no end!

Reply to
David Matthew Wood

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.