Cisco Aironet 1200

Hi, Could anyone tell me how to configure this AP to give it a fixed IP? I run a network with fixed IP addresses and therefore cannot use DHCP to allocate the AP an address. I can get onto the AP using Hyperterminal, but i dont know the commands needed to give the AP an address. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Steve G

Reply to
griffs
Loading thread data ...

Default IP is 10.0.0.1 if no dhcp server is available, give your PC a static of 10.0.0.2 and web in to it. No need to do anything from the console port for basic setup. Obviously once you changes the AP's IP address you will need to change your PC back to it's original.

formatting link

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply, but I had already tried that and i cannot ping the AP or get a web page up. I have made sure that... (a) i am plugged into the ethernet port and not the console (b) i have the correct static address 10.0.0.2 (c) i have reset the AP by holding the 'mode' button in whilst powering up (light goes amber then green(s)

Any more help would be more than welcome.

Thanks

Steve G

Reply to
griffs

Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply, but I had already tried that and i cannot ping the AP or get a web page up. I have made sure that... (a) i am plugged into the ethernet port and not the console (b) i have the correct static address 10.0.0.2 (c) i have reset the AP by holding the 'mode' button in whilst powering up (light goes amber then green(s)

Thanks

Steve G

Reply to
griffs

Thanks

Steve G

Reply to
griffs

Steve,

The big question here is, is your AP1200 running VxWorks or IOS?

If IOS, then use:

ap#config term int bvi1 ip address w.x.y.z sub.net.ma.sk

If VxWorks, then, um, you get this pretty nasty MENU-based interface when you console in (which has the one advantage of being laid out just like the GUI, fwiw.) Here are some links on how to try to use this thing:

formatting link
Although if it were me, I'd convert it to IOS first chance I got.

formatting link
Have fun,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.