Cisco 871 + ASA 5510 Quality of Service Config

Hi guys, I'll have to configure one ASA and 8 871 Cisco routers. The ASA will be the central point with the routers connected via static IPSec Tunnels to it. Over these tunnel, QoS should be implemented (with TOS, for IP telephony). I am a real newbie in this topic, which is real complex, and I am not able to find a good sample config. If anyone already have implemented such a scenario, please help me! Maybe you can give me some hints, sample configs, or docs which are not that voluminous like the cisco docs I found!

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
michikrall
Loading thread data ...

Deploying IPsec Virtual Private Networks

formatting link

Easy VPN with an ASA 5500 as the Server and Cisco 871 as the Easy VPN Remote Configuration Example

formatting link

I believe that both the ASA 5510 and the 871 support the Cisco ASDM GUI configuraing tool. I would strongly recommend that you also learn to use the Cisco CLI command language to configure and debug your setup.

Setup the equipment with a suitable router between to simulate the Internet and then you can configure and test before deploying the 87's to the remote sites.

Reply to
Merv

Hi Merv, thank you for your advices!! I never used the Cisco SDM before and I won't do it in this case. I have done severall IOS and pix configurations with CLI, I meant I am a newbie in configuring Quality of service!

The IPSec tunnels shouldn't be the problem, anyhow your link to "Easy VPN with an ASA 5500 as the Server and Cisco 871 as the Easy VPN Remote Configuration Example" will help.

Any advices regarding QoS?

Thanks Mike

Reply to
michikrall

For VOIP use LLQ otherwise CBWFQ

see Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) for IPSec Encryption Engines

formatting link
see Configuring CBWFQ for IPSec VPN
formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.