Cisco 2811 router and external DHCP server

Hi.

I've got 2811 router with BRI interface. I'd like to use my Windows 2003 DHCP server to assign dial in users IP addresses. On BRI interface I set up: ip address 10.10.16.254 255.255.255.0 encapsulation ppp dialer idle-timeout 180 dialer-group 1 isdn switch-type basic-net3 peer default ip address dhcp ip helper-address 10.10.10.189 no keepalive no cdp enable ppp authentication ms-chap-v2 User is getting IP address, WINS servers address but not DNS servers. If I set up in global config: ip name-server IP_my_name_server then user get this address but if this parameter is not set then after dial in to router this field on client side is empty too. Does anybody know what could be wrong??

Regards Slawek

Reply to
Sławek
Loading thread data ...

This is a wild guess without real foundation but it might be worth checking that y have not got a DHCP server configured on the router too.

Maybe "import all" imports info from global config: ip name-server IP_my_name_server ???

Reply to
Bod43

Well, I've found the problem. It was in DHCP server configuration. I've made a mistake and set 005 parameter instead of 006. Now everything is working great.

Regards Slawek

Reply to
Sławek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.